Tuesday, September 8, 2009

internship

Happy back to work day!

Even with three interns working very hard, we are still way behind reading queries. Does anyone want to help out? We have a lot of fun and do conference calls together to catch up and talk about the industry.

If so, send me a resume and a letter telling me what you like to read. Publishing background a plus, but certainly not required and I welcome hearing from everyone--particularly people who
want to transition into the industry. Oh, and send me a list of your most recent and favorite reads.

Update, in response to a recent comment: stay-at-home mothers are more than welcome to apply!

email to info@thebentagency.com

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful opportunity. Thanks Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're getting so many queries. Your link to submissions, doesn't work as a direct link off of passionate pen's website. Just a note. Not sure who else to tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tweeted about this today. I hope you find some wonderful interns. This is an exceptional opportunity to learn from one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Plus some of us would love for you to get caught up on your queries!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I would so love to be a slush reader! Alas, I have nothing to put on a resume since I've been a stay-at-home-mom for the past ten years. ;) As stated above, what an awesome opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ajcastle, I have two stay-at-home mom interns right now. Just send an e-mail telling me about yourself and include a list of your most recent and favorite reads.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, I just realized I didn't tell you much about myself (beyond books!) in my letter to you. I'm a work-at-home mom and I'm continuing my education come January. If you'd like more info, I'd be glad to send it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well shoot! Too late for me! That'll teach me to not check in sooner! ;)

    ReplyDelete