Wednesday, December 15, 2010

internship

I'm once again looking for a remote (unpaid) intern or two to read queries--someone with an interest in adult fiction, women's fiction and memoir a plus.



Send an e-mail to info@thebentagency.com, with "internship" in the subject line. Put your cover letter in the body of your e-mail and if you have a resume, you can attach it, but it's not necessary. Tell me the last 5-10 books you read and your 5-10 very favorite books. I'm looking for someone who can commit to reading at least 50 queries a week, and reading and writing a readers report for at least one manuscript a week. Don't worry if you don't have publishing experience; I really just want someone who loves to read and knows a lot about contemporary fiction/memoir.

If you've applied in the past, feel free to apply again. My needs often change and if you weren't right before you might be right now.

2 comments:

  1. This post reminds me that I have some weird fascination with wanting to be a slush reader/query reader. With my full-time job, writing schedule, and freelance work, I know trying take on a volunteer reading gig would be disastrous. Even so, I suspect that some day I'll volunteer to wade through slush at a lit mag. (Clearly, I need to stay away from the rum when I have my eggnog this year.)

    Good luck finding your intern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I just sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete