Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Deal Announcement: Stephanie Kate Strohm's hilarious YA to Sky Pony Press

I'm a big fan of Stephanie Kate Strohm's books (you've read Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink, haven't you?), and when the opportunity came along to work with her on her new project, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Stephanie is so sharp and so funny, and she loves history and theatre and food and pop culture — O! she doth teach the torches to burn bright, and she's basically my dream dinner date. So you can imagine how delighted I am to report that her new YA novel, THE TAMING OF THE DREW, has sold to Sky Pony Press. It's set at a kooky summer Shakespeare program for teenagers that reminds me of my own (also kooky) high school theatre experiences and it has one of the funniest first-person narrators you'll ever meet. LOVE. 

Children's:
Young Adult 
Author of Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink Stephanie Kate Strohm's THE TAMING OF THE DREW, a romantic comedy about students in a summer Shakespeare program who find the plot of their production playing out in their offstage lives--with gender roles reversed, to Julie Matysik at Sky Pony Press, for publication in Spring 2016, by Molly Ker Hawn at The Bent Agency (World).

Congratulate Stephanie on Twitter, why don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment