Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Deal Announcement: Julie Hammerle's YA debut to Entangled Teen!

I am pretty much beside myself with joy about this announcement!

My hilarious client, Julie Hammerle, blogs for Chicago Now and tweets kind of incessantly about Game of Thrones and Felicity. But I sure do love her. Because she says funny things. And everything she writes is such fun to read.

The protagonist in her YA reminds me a lot of teen-me (and let's face it: adult-me as well). She is more comfortable socializing online than in person. She's really into cult TV shows. And she only really ever had one friend -- until that friend totally dicks her over and she applies for a pre-college summer opera program just to get away from it all. (That last part doesn't actually reflect any part of my own life but I could definitely see that happening to me on some parallel timeline and it's relatable nonetheless.)

There is also a really alluring book boyfriend type....

So, let's send warm wishes and congratulations to Julie for her book deal with Kate Brauning at Entangled Teen! You can find them on Twitter at @JulieHammerle and @KateBrauning and watch for A PLACE FOR US coming to you Fall 2016!



Children's:
Young Adult 
Julie Hammerle's debut A PLACE FOR US, about a girl obsessed with cult TV shows and Twitter who finds friendship, love, and self-acceptance at a pre-college summer opera program, to Kate Brauning at Entangled Teen, in a nice deal, for publication fall 2016, by Beth Phelan at The Bent Agency (World).


No comments:

Post a Comment