I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve joined the amazing team here at the Bent Agency! I can’t wait to start reading your submissions. I thought it’d be helpful if I gave you all my query wishlist as a way to introduce myself. You can submit to me at email@example.com
Please note that I am currently only representing titles intended for digital-first publishers.
- My two must-haves for this are: 1. A fresh contemporary voice 2. A swoon-worthy male protagonist.
- I’d love to see contemporary, historical, romantic suspense, time-travel, really any genre of romance with the exception of paranormals.
- I love well-researched, female-driven historicals that simultaneously educate and fascinate me.
- For novels set in the US, I have a special soft spot for the turn-of-the-century novel as well as those set during WW2.
- I also love historicals set in China or Japan. Please refer to anything written by Lisa See.
- This may not yet be considered historical but I also love stories set in late 20th century Middle East. Some of my all time favorite books include Khaled Hossieni’s A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS and Rohinton Mistry’s A FINE BALANCE.
- I’d love a good historical thriller or mystery. If you have one of these, please send it my way.
-However, I don’t particularly like medieval or regency historicals.
- Especially contemporary YA romance.
- I’d also like a historical YA, again, preferably with a female perspective set in any of the aforementioned time periods.
- I only want fantasy that’s particularly creepy.
New Adult Fiction…
- The most important thing for me for NA is an authentic, relatable voice
I’m also looking for:
- Women’s Fiction
Things I’m not looking for include:
- Science Fiction
- Adult fantasy
- Non-fiction works
- Middle-grade or Picture books
I look forward to reading your queries!