If you like books by the following authors and illustrators please be in touch:
Young Adult / Middle Grade Picture Books
MT Anderson Isabelle Arsenault
Franny Billingsley Sophie Blackall
Gennifer Choldenko Brian Floca
Jack Gantos Marla Frazee
Polly Horvath Jon Klassen
Patrick Ness Renata Liwska
Rainbow Rowell Sergio Ruzzier
Rebecca Stead Philip C. Stead
Tim Tharp Ezra David Stein
Anne Ursu Tomi Ungerer
Here are the details:
- The internships are unpaid and remote, so you can work from anywhere. A treehouse, in your pajamas, in the middle of the night, for instance.
- No publishing experience is necessary. We’re looking for dedicated readers who have a strong knowledge of kids’ books.
- You will need to dedicate 8-10 hours a week for this position.
The internship is a great way to learn more about an agent’s work and decision-making process. Past interns have been writers for children, children’s librarians, elementary school teachers, MFA students, and passionate readers.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Please put either “MG/YA Internship” or “Picture Book Internship” in the subject line.
- Tell us why you’d like the position.
- Include a bit of information about yourself, including any relevant experience you have. Attach a resume if you’d like to, though it’s not necessary.
- List the last 10 books you’ve read in either YA/MG or Picture Books, depending on what you’re applying for.
- List your 10 all-time favorite books in either YA/MG or Picture Books. (You can always throw in a few others that aren’t in the category too, if you hate to leave something out).
We usually receive quite a few applicants and the application period will close fairly quickly; watch this space and twitter (@susanhawk) for more announcements.