Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Middle-Grade Debut Deal for Shelley Tougas

I'm just back from Southern CA SCBWI Agent's Day, which was great, and wanted to announce TBA's deal for Shelley Tougas's THE GRAHAM CRACKER PLOT.  I knew I wanted to take Shelley's book on when I realized that I hadn't ever read a book that made me laugh out loud, that kept my stomach in knots and that broke my heart in just this way.  It tells the story of an eleven year old Daisy and her sometime-best friend, who plan to break her father out of prison and escape to Canada, in spite of a massive rainstorm, a mini-pony and other calamities.  

Look for THE GRAHAM CRACKER PLOT in Fall 2014, from Roaring Brook Press.  Congratulations, Shelley!


Children's:
Middle grade 

Shelley Tougas's middle grade debut THE GRAHAM CRACKER PLOT, in which an eleven year old girl and her sometime-best friend plan to break her father out of prison and escape to Canada, in spite of a massive rainstorm, a mini-pony and other calamities, to Nancy Mercado at Roaring Brook Press, in a very nice deal, at auction, in a two-book deal, for publication in Fall 2014, by Susan Hawk at The Bent Agency (World English).

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! When it's published, have her send a copy my way for review:) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete